Special Session: 5G-enabled Industrial Internet of Things
Submission Deadline: 2022-8-10
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) has been proposed as the latest industrial revolution, which is powered by the ubiquitous connectivity based on 5G and 6G communication techniques. The idea of IIoT has been introduced into many scenarios, e.g., smart factories, smart grid, smart mining farms, and many others. IIoT has been supported by many techniques, including the next-generation communication techniques (5G, 6G, and satellite-terrestrial integrated networks), the new computing paradigms (fog, edge and mist computing), the fast-growing terminals (UAVs, robots, smart meters, etc.) and the emerging new techniques (big data, artificial intelligence, and digital twin).
IIoT is the basis of developing Industry 4.0. In Industry 4.0, standard communication protocols are used to connected heterogeneous devices, including sensor actuators, RFID tags, embedded computers, and mobile devices, and big data techniques are used for intelligent analysis for the massive IoT data. IIoT is effective for improving the connectivity, flexibility and efficiency of Industry 4.0, by establishing an intelligent network for data exchange, system control and industrial automation.
The rapid development of Industrial Internet of Things has brought up many opportunities both in the academia and the industry, e.g., cloud-based manufacturing, cyber physical production system, big data analytics for system design, digital twin-enabled product development, and smart product-service system. However, how to integrate IIoT with 5G, 6G, big data and artificial intelligence has not been fully resolved and many issues still exist. Meanwhile, the requirement of developing Industry 4.0 also arises more challenges for IIoT.
In this special session, we aim to collect the papers with latest progresses and results in 5G-enabled Industrial Internet of Things, in both theories and applications.
Topics of interest to this session include, but are not limited to:
* New models and architectures for Industrial Internet of Things;
* Big data for Industrial Internet of Things;
* Intelligent data analysis for Industrial Internet of Things;
* Cloud computing for Industrial Internet of Things;
* Software defined networking for Industrial Internet of Things;
* 5G, 6G and satellite-terrestrial integrated networks for Industrial Internet of Things;
* Integration of cloud, edge, and 5G/6G networks for Industrial Internet of Things.
* Cyber-physical systems for Industrial Internet of Things;
* Data security and privacy in Industrial Internet of Things;
* Standard, platforms, testbed, and validation for Industrial Internet of Things;
* Artificial intelligence based Industrial Internet of Things Applications;
* Digital twin based Industrial Internet of Things Applications;
* Intelligent deployment of industrial systems;
* New development in Industrial Internet of Things Scenarios, smart manufacturing, smart factories, smart grid, smart mining farms, etc.
Weiwei Jiang received the B.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, in 2013 and 2018, respectively. He is an Assistant Professor with the School of Information and Communication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications. His current research interests include satellite-terrestrial integrated networks, Industrial Internet of Things, smart grid communication.
Weixi Gu is a principal researcher at China Academy of Industrial Internet(CAII), He achieved the Ph.D. from Tsinghua University (THU), and received the Bachelor degree from Shanghai Jiaotong University. He was the Postdoc at University of California, Berkeley. His research interests include mobile computing, Industrial Internet of Things, and machine learning.